|KEY CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY INDICATORS|
|International ranking of private banks by market capitalization(2)||12th||9th||14th|
|Economic value added (EVA) (million euros)||22,598||21,615||18,559|
|Socially responsible mutual funds over total mutual and pension funds managed (%)||2.57||2.42||2.13|
|Individual customer satisfaction index (%) (3)||7.13||7.46||7.53|
|Global employee satisfaction index (%) (4)||76||n/a||73|
|Supplier satisfaction index (%) (5)||n/a||n/a||79|
Hours of training per employee (6)
|Women in senior management (Management Committee and corporate managers/senior managers) (%)||10/19||9/19||10/18|
|Ratio of men to women (%)||47/53||48/52||48/52|
|Resources allocated to community involvement (million euros)||81.25||74.24||76.03|
|Resources allocated to community involvement over net attributable profit (%)||4.85||2.47||1.65|
|Number of children receiving scolarships under the "Niños adelante" project||63,974||61,436||60,099|
|Number of participants in the Global Financial Literacy Plan (7)||1.293,514||814,438||416,325|
|Number of direct and indirect beneficiaries of the BBVA Microfinance Foundation (millions)(8)||5.2||3.7||2.5|
|Number of customers of the BBVA Microfinance Foundation||1.293,514||948,508||620,584|
|Total amount of microcredits granted by the BBVA Microfinance Foundation (million euros)||861||737||432|
|Average microcredit from the BBVA Microfinance Foundation (euros)||965||1052||696|
|Number of volunteers||4,334||4,328||5,268|
|CO2 emission per employee (t) (10)||3.72||4.13||4.04|
|Paper consumption per employee (t)||0.12||0.13||0.13|
|Water consumption per employee (m3)||33.36||40.12||48.88|
|Electricity consumption per employee (MWh)|
|Number of employees in ISO 14001 certified buildings||26,697||20,267||16,593|
|Corporate responsibility and reputation (CRR) management and governance|
|Number of CRR appearances before the Board of Directors||1||2||1|
|Local committees or CRR participation in Management Committees (global, local and business)||14||16||n/a|
Note: n/a=not applicable; n.a=not available.
(1) Other key economic CR indicators are net attributable profit per share, stock market capitalization and non-performing asset ratio. These figures can be reviewed in the significant data table of the BBVA 2012 Financial Report.
(6) Figures calculated according to the average workforce for the year.
(7) Figures for academic years: in 2012 figure for 2011/12 in Spain and Portugal, in 2011 for 2010/11 in Spain and Portugal, and in 2010 for 2009/10 in Spain.
(8) Indirect beneficiaries calculated by multiplying the number of customers by a ratio for the average family unit.
(9) The water, electricity and CO2 indicators for previous years have been updated, largely by incorporating US data that were in the process of revision when the 2011 CR Report was published.
(10) This calculation factors in the purchase of green energy by BBVA Spain.
|Scope: BBVA Group|