- Banking activity in Spain includes the Retail Network, Corporate and Business Banking (CBB), Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB), BBVA Seguros and Asset Management. It also includes the portfolios, funding and structural interest-rate positions of the euro balance sheet.
- Non Core real Estate covers specialist management in Spain of loans to developers in difficulties and real-estate assets mainly coming from foreclosed assets, originated from both, residential mortgages, as well as loans to developers. New loan production to developers or loans to those that are not in difficulties are managed by Banking activity in Spain.
- The United States includes the Group’s business activity in the country through the BBVA Compass group and the BBVA New York branch.
- Turkey includes BBVA’s 49.85% stake in the Turkish bank Garanti.
- Mexico basically includes the banking and insurance businesses in the country.
- South America basically includes the banking and insurance businesses that BBVA carries out in the region.
- The rest of Eurasia includes the business carried out in the rest of Europe and Asia, i.e. the Group’s retail and wholesale businesses in the area.
- Corporate Center aggregate that contains the rest of the items that have not been allocated to the business areas, as it basically corresponds to the Group’s holding function. It includes: the costs of the head offices that have a corporate function; management of structural exchange-rate positions; specific issues of capital instruments to ensure adequate management of the Group’s global solvency; portfolios and their corresponding results, whose management is not linked to customer relations, such as industrial holdings; certain tax assets and liabilities; funds due to commitments with pensioners; goodwill and other intangibles.
In addition to this geographical breakdown, supplementary information is provided for all the wholesale businesses carried out by BBVA, Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB). This aggregate business is considered relevant to better understand the Group because of the characteristics of the customers served, the type of products offered and the risks assumed.